Wednesday 23 May 2018

Lemon Daisy Cupcakes

I'm back today with a brand new recipe for you!
These are perfect little Summer cupcakes for any kind of occasion. 
I personally made these cupcakes for my Grandma's Birthday, and everyone loved them, I also posted a shot on Instagram of them and they were a real hit so I wanted to share the recipe.
SERVES 12 Cupcakes

Ingredients:

For the cakes:

125g softened butter
125g caster sugar
2 medium eggs
100g self raising flour (sifted)
2 tbsp milk
1 and a half lemons (for zest)
1/4 of a lemon (for juice)

For the icing:

100g softened butter
200g icing sugar (sifted)
1/4 of a lemon (for juice)
12 edible wafer daises - you can get the ones I used HERE

Recipe:
For the cupcakes:

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line your cupcake tray with cupcake cases.

Using a freestanding mixer, beat together your butter and sugar until fully combined.

Add the eggs, sifted flour, milk and the zest of 1 and a half lemons and the juice of quarter of a lemon.

Then mix everything until completely smooth.

Spoon your mixture into your 12 cases until they all have an equal amount, I started by adding one and a half teaspoons into each case and then continued on until I had used all of the mixture and the cases where equally full.

Bake for 15 - 20 mins, or until golden brown and when putting a cake tester or knife into the cupcake and pulling it out it is completely clean.

The icing:
(I didn't add a huge amount of icing to the cupcakes because my Grandma isn't a fan of a huge amount of buttercream)

Add you sifted icing sugar, your butter and lemon juice to a free-standing mixer and blend together until the mixture turns a pale primrose colour and looks light and fluffy.

Once the cupcakes are COMPLETELY cool spread the buttercream onto each cupcake and decorate as you please! I added these lovely edible daises to each one.
Let me know how it goes if you ever make these cupcakes!!

Love El
xxx
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig