Tuesday 9 May 2017

Focaccia Rustica With Red Onion And Pine Nuts

This week I wanted to share a recipe to a cupboard staple: bread!
I don't know anyone that doesn't love a delicious bit of bread and this is one of my favourites, the recipe shown was taught to me by my mum.

A lot of the time making bread can be annoyingly messy and a bit of a faff but I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to use my beautiful Kenwood mixer* with it's handy dough hook, and my gosh did it make everything amazingly easy!!
My mixer is from the stunning kMix range that you can check out HERE.

Ingredients:
500g bread flour
2 sachets of fast action dried yeast
1 tsp salt
350g water
red onion
pine nuts
1.5 tbsp oil

What To Do:

Preheat your oven to 180°C and grease your baking tray.

Add the bread flour, dried yeast and salt to your freestanding mixer and set the speed to just above minimum. While your dough hook is combining the dry ingredients gradually add in your water.

After you have added the rest of the water turn the speed on your mixer to 1 and leave to mix for no more than 5 mins. If your mixer seems to be struggling stop and let the mixture fall off the hook and into the bowl and then continue! After those 5 minutes you dough should be very well combined and elastic.

You then want to leave the dough to proof in the bowl covered with a tea towel for 20 mins.

Once the dough has risen (it is fascinating to see how it increases in size!) you will spread your dough out onto the baking tray using your hands or a floured rolling pin, continue to spread out until it is about 1.5 cm's thick. Then cover with your tea towel again for another 20 mins.

When your final 20 minutes of proofing the bread is over you need to poke some dents into the dough using the end of a wooden spoon and then add some toppings! I have personally gone for red onion and pine nuts, cut your red onion into rings and then half those rings and add on a sprinkle of pine nuts. The final ingredient is to add 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil all the way across the bread.

Place your bread into your oven for 30 minutes or until it is golden and cooked through!

I think this will now be the only way I make bread as the mixer and dough hook made it so easy!!



Love El
xxx

*This post includes a product that was gifted to me. All opinions are my own and I would never recommend something that I do not truly love.
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig