Tuesday 16 May 2017

Easy, Light Meringues

Meringues, to me, always remind me of my grandma, without fail she will always have some to serve alongside an array of other desserts after a delicious meal! She seems to get them spot on every time and they are just perfect for when you fancy something sweet!
I thought I would give them a go myself especially as my new, beautiful Kenwood* mixer, from the kMix range, has a whisk attachment.

Makes 8
Ingredients:

2 Egg Whites
125g Caster Sugar 
1.5 tsp Vanilla Extract

What To Do:

Preheat your oven to 110°and line two baking trays with baking parchment paper.

Separate your eggs and keep the egg whites for this recipe (there are many things you can do with the yolks so don't throw them away!)

Attach the whisk attachment to your free standing mixer and drop the egg whites into the bowl, my beautiful Kenwood* kMix free-standing mixer has a glass bowl which just happens to be perfect for making meringues. Once the egg whites are in the bowl turn the mixer speed up to maximum. As soon as the whites start to look like stiff clouds add in your sugar a teaspoon at a time, and then your vanilla extract.

Continue mixing on maximum until the mixture is stiff and glossy! When the mixture is looking like this turn off your mixer and start spooning or piping it onto your baking trays.

Bake the meringues in the oven for 1hour 20mins or until they sound hard when you tap them. Leave the trays to cool on a wire rack to cool, they will keep for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container and you can serve them in whichever way takes your fancy!!



Love El
xxx

*This post includes a product that was gifted to me. All opinions are my own and I would never recommend something that I do not truly love.
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig