Monday 13 October 2014

Lips of the Day

My thoughts were that as well as doing random posts for "Nails of the Week" I would start to do "Lips of the Day". As we're coming into Autumn and then Winter these posts will be full of different bold and lips rather that just nudes!

Today is a dark nude colour that is basically the whole 90's/Kylie Jenner look, but A LOT cheaper! There is one Mac product but its definitely not a must for this look. At first I wasn't too sure about the dark nude lip look but then I watched Alison Henry's "My Go-To Look" video and fell in love.

I usually apply transparent powder over the top in order to make my lips matte but unfortunately I did not have it to hand, so there is a slight glossy look to my lips. 

Now the Kylie Jenner lip look is created by Mac's Whirl Lip Liner and Mac's Velvet Teddy Lipstick (eventually I may own them both but right now £28 to own them seems a lot!) I have also heard her combination might be Mac's Spice Lip Liner on it's own or with Mac's Twig Lipstick.


 Bare Lips.


 Just the Lip Liner.


First Lipstick. Now you could leave it here for a real dark nude but I like to
lighten it slightly.


 Second and Final Lipstick.


(Anyone else notice that one eye is slightly cross-eyed, don't know what happened there!) And this is how the final lips look, the colour in this picture is pretty accurate to real life.

 Red Lipstick Bullet - Maybelline Moisture Extreme.
Black Lipstick Bullet - Mac Glaze.
Lip Liner - Rimmel 1000 Kisses.


 Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipstick - 633 Desert Bloom
Mac Glaze Lipstick - Hue
Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Liner - 050 Tiramisu



I am definitely loving this dark nude look at the moment and I'm pretty much wearing it everyday! Next "Lips of the Day" will probably be a darker lip, but I haven't quite decided yet!

Love El
xxx
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig